I get asked a lot of questions about Essential Oils, how to use them, can you use them if you have sensitive skin, are pregnant etc. Here I hope to answer some of these questions. If you have any more questions, please contact me via the “contact me” page here on my website.
- Do you make custom made products? Yes, I can make you up your own personal products with a blend of your choosing. If you wish to order a custom made product or enquire about the process, please email me on [email protected]
- I have sensitive skin, can I use Essential Oils? There are certain oils like Basil, Benzoin, Ginger, Lemongrass, Peppermint and Tea Tree that are not recommended on sensitive skin. Most of these oils should not be used in large doses directly on the skin (via a carrier).
- I’m pregnant, can I use Essential Oils? There are some oils that are not recommended in the first trimester and others that you need to be careful using throughout your pregnancy, please contact me for more information.
- I suffer with high blood pressure, what oils should I avoid? Eucalyptus and Rosemary Essential oils should be avoided.
- I’m Epileptic, does that effect what oils I can use? Yes, do not use Eucalyptus, Fennel or Rosemary Oils if you have epilepsy.
- What age is it safe to use oils on children? I wouldn’t recommend using Essential Oils on children under the age of 2.
- Can I ingest Essential Oils? No. I would never advise ingesting Essential Oils. All of my blends have been made using a carrier product, cream, oils, salts etc. They are blended so they are safe to use topically.
- How often can I use the products? Products can be used every day as needed. They are safe to use frequently.